Preparation for Fifteen Years
The celebration of a quinceañera is a religious celebration that carries a great significance and tradition in the lives of spanish speaking people. It is the moment that a young lady makes a commitment to fulfill her baptismal promises and dedicate herself to follow Jesus in her future, in her jobs, and in the church.
Before making any decision, families must have in mind the following requirements:
- They must make an appointment with Fr. Andy to set aside the date and plan the mass. The appointment must be at least six months before the celebration.
- If they only wish to have a blessing, they must make an appointment at least one month before.
- Appointments must be made as soon as possible because masses are on a first come first serve basis.
- The young lady that wished to celebrate her 15 years of age must be baptised and have had recieved her first communion.
- The family must be registered in St. Willebrord.
If there are any further questions, you can contact Sister Justina.