Social Concerns answers our baptismal call to be actively engaged in service to others as Jesus taught and lived. In each case, our activities are explained through the parish bulletin. We meet the last Monday of the month August-April or May (except December), and help provide opportunities for outreach all year long.
Projects for our committee include:
- Giving Tree helping to provide gifts to families in need at Christmas time
- Mission Possible through various collections throughout the year for shelters, House of Hope, and Love Life
- Offering of Letters to legislators on particular House or Senate bills that affect the poor
- New Community Shelter Meal on the first Wednesday of every month. Various parish groups provide the meals, but the schedule is coordinated through our committee.
- Lenten project: each year during the Lenten season we undertake a particular project. In the past couple of years we have helped to Fill An Ark and Build A Well.