Youth and adults over the age of 16 are invited to prepare for the sacrament of Confirmation. The preparation may last between one and two years. Confirmation usually takes place in spring with one of the bishops presiding. At times, persons who have participated in the RCIA may be confirmed by our pastor at the Easter Vigil.
• having received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Reconciliation; (present a copy of the Baptismal certificate)
• personally registering for the classes
• being interviewed to determine the level of preparation needed
• participating in all the required classes
• choosing a commitment which expresses willingness to put faith in action
• participating in a retreat
• choosing a sponsor who will not only be a good example of Catholic faith commitment, but who will also participate in the sponsor-candidate sessions
Pre-Confirmation classes are designed for teens who are 15 years of age, and for persons older than 15 who have had little or no regular opportunities to learn about and practice their faith.