Our parish community is honored and happy to accompany and support a couple as they plan to celebrate the sacrament of marriage. We have a vibrant team of sponsor couples who assist the couples during this time of special preparation.
A couple who wishes to be married in the Catholic Church:
• Meets with the pastor at least six months prior to the date requested. This initial interview is to help the pastor become acquainted with the couple.
• Complete the Diocesan FOCCUS Marriage Preparation form.
• Meet at least 2-3 times with an assigned sponsor couple.
• Provides the required documents: A form (interview with each), B form (2 witnesses for each), current Baptism and Confirmation certificates, proof of completion of meetings with sponsor couple; and obtains the civil marriage license)
• Arranges for a choir
• Meets with the pastor at least one month before the wedding to plan the liturgy and set the date and time of the rehearsal. Also pays the diocesan-stated fee.